Hello and Welcome,
Today I invite you to take time to ponder and reflect upon some quotes by our friend, Mooji. Simply reading these words may not have the desired effect. I would like to challenge you to take each word… in each of the quotes and put those words together… so that at the end of each teaching you can ponder these simple truths… that you already know… but may have forgotten. As with all the great teachers you will be reminded as Mooji answers the questions that are forever a part of the wonder of what life is all about.
Who is Mooji?
Mooji is a Jamaican born Spiritual Teacher and Author who spent most of his youth growing up in England. The focus of his teachings is non-duality (Mature state of consciousness / The understanding of non-separation and fundamental oneness / Philosophical, Spiritual and Scientific understanding of non-separation and fundamental intrinsic oneness).
He has been the student and disciple of both Papaji and Maharshi, 2 of India’s great sages. His simple philosophy is this, ‘That If We Connect To Our True Nature Or Self, We Can Live A True And Meaningful Life.
1. You need nothing to be happy, you need something to be sad.
2. Mind is there in front of you, don’t log in. Feelings are just visitors, let them come and go.
3. If I could only give you one piece of advice, don’t identify with anything. Be completely empty. Noone, be nobody and see if you lose anything but delusion.
4. Everything is just now. Your existence is just now. All the rest is just a dream due to conditioning and memory.
5. Something brought you here. Trust that it will satisfy it’s own intention to take you home.
6. When you drop all your ideas, fantasies and projections about who you are, and what freedom is, and remain completely empty, this is freedom.
7. Leave your existence to existence, stop caring for yourself so much and let the universe care for you, it is the best mother.
8. The mind is like the wind. You’re trying to stop the wind dressed as a kite. How are you going to do it?
9. Don’t belong to anything. Don’t belong to anyone, just be. Feel you’re being first and foremost, and don’t compare or compete. Just be your being.
10. Who reminds you to breathe and to beat your heart. Something is there taking care.
11. You already are the peace you are looking for. Be still and know that.
12. Surrender is not weakness it is strength, to surrender life, to the supreme, to the cosmic unfolding.
13. Let it be whatever it will be. Give up trying to manipulate. This is freedom.
14. If you make human company too important you will not find your true self. Relationships not based in truth are never entirely reliable and are rarely enduring. Taking the time to discover yourself, is the best use of time. Prioritise this.
15. Step into the fire of self-discovery. This fire will not burn you. It will only burn what you are not.
16. Feelings by themselves do not create problems. It is rather the tendency to interpret and analyse them. When out of habit you believe those interpretations. It is there that suffering begins.
17. Ignoring the mind is a beautiful sadhana(discipline). That is what many of the sages did. They ignored the mind out of existence. It loses its influence and it’s potency when ignored.
18 Maybe your mind is waiting for you to choose freedom, so it can have a rest.
19. The greatest healing would be to wake up from what we are not.
20. You don’t know how things are going to work out. Don’t make premature conclusions.
So as we come to the end of this post of Mooji Quotes you will have no doubt have been struck by the depth and personal meaning you felt as an individual, and the need to surrender to the oneness that we all are. I certainly hope these are some questions that you will want to relive and to continue to seek as you move forward.
I will be doing a review of what is considered his best book soon and I’m sure that will be of great interest as we delve deeper into his profound and teachings to loosen the strings on what has become a world of duality.
I invite you to leave a comment below with regards to your thoughts on non-duality, your thoughts feeling and opinions are what this site aspires to.
Let Non-Duality Reign Supreme!
A Pleasure As Always